- Definition of a joint supplementary labour contact with a strong focus on employee welfare.
- Ongoing discussions with the trade unions through the establishment of a Welfare Committee.
- Integration of employee welfare within a flexible benefits plan.
- Internal communications, employee engagement and training Plan.
- Enhancement of employee welfare in employer branding activities.
A core, community Bank
Local Project (pilot project)
- Preparation of local sustainability reports in certain target regions.
- Testing of different forms of listening and engagement of institutions, trade associations and other representatives from the local economy/community.
- Identification of shared solutions for the local community and implementation plans.
Plan of activities
- Micro-credit activities for start-ups and small businesses and provision of ancillary services (training and consultancy).
- Dedicated funding for start-ups, female entrepreneurs and to support investments aimed at reshoring jobs and production to Italy.
- Collaboration with business incubators/accelerators to support business ideas aimed at delivering products and services with added social value (pilot project with AXA and Impact Hub Milano to promote social entrepreneurship in the South of Italy).
- Partnerships with crowdfunding participants for the social sector.
Corporate sustainability culture
Lending and sustainability
- Development of a research project with the University of Siena aimed at:
1) verifying the current level of sustainability practices in the business strategies of Tuscan SMEs as well as the values perceived for business;
2) analysing any correlations between the implementation of sustainability strategies and the credit ratings of business customers.
- Collaborating with the University of Siena on the training and development of corporate sustainability practices.
- Undertaking activities aimed at integrating corporate sustainability factors within credit processes and advisory services for corporate customers.
Ethical business culture
- Development of a general anti-corruption policy.
- Development of a whistleblowing system.
- Internal communications and training plan.
- Presentation to investors.
- Development of a policy on transactions in controversial activities (arms, gambling, tobacco, pornography, energy from coal, nuclear power, intensive animal farming, GMOs in agriculture).
- Assessment of feasibility of adhering to UN Principles for Responsible Investment.
Providing guidance to young people on finance and the world of work
Economic-financial education projects in schools
- Further development of the BancAscuola Project and innovation in the education format.
- Young Factor Project in partnership with the Osservatorio Permanente Giovani Editori (Permanent Observatory of Young Publishers). The goal is to educate high school students on the critical analysis of social, economic and financial issues that are most relevant for their prospects in the job market.
- Partnership with HR Community Academy for a series of job market orientation meetings for young people aged between 16 and 30.
- Structured and ongoing collaboration with the University of Siena, sharing skills by providing students with internships or traineeships within the Bank and involving Bank employees and collaborators in co-teaching the degree courses.
- Collaboration with the high schools on school-work combination programmes.