Commercial Officer Business and Private Banking
Maurizio Bai joined Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena S.p.A. in 1988, building up his career through various positions in the network and holding roles of responsibility in both the corporate and retail sectors, mainly in North-East and Central ltaly.
From 2003 to 2006 Head of the Corporate Centre for the Latina - Frosinone area and Head of Corporate Marketing and Innovative Channels within the Headquarter of the Bank.
From 2006 to 2010 he was in charge as Regional Retail Director for the Province of Livorno and later for the Province of Florence.
From 2010 to 2011 Head of Human Resources and Organisation for the South-East Area.
From 2011 to 2017 Head of the Southern Tuscany Regional Area and later of the Southern Tuscany, Umbria, and Marche Area.
From April 2017 to May 2018 General Manager of the Tuscany Area.
From May 2018 to June 2021 Head of Retail Banking.
From July 2021 to June 2022 Head of Business and Private Banking.
From July 2022 Chief Commercial Officer Business and Private Banking.
Mr. Bai is a qualified Accounting and Commercial Expert and is registered as a Financial Advisor.
He has also represented the Bank as:
- Board Member of the Italian Banking Association's Regional Committee for Marche from 2013 to 2015
- Board Member of the Italian Banking Association's Regional Committee for Umbria from 2013 to 2016
- Board Member of Società Sviluppo Val di Cecina S.r.l. from 24 August 2007 to 08 June 2010
- Board Member of the Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Crafts and Agriculture of Grosseto from 9 January 2012 to 5 March 2013
- Board Member of Centro fidi Terziario S.c.p.a. from 2013 to 2015
From 2020 to April 2023, he was a member of the Board of Directors of MPS Leasing and Factoring S.p.A., a company belonging to the Monte dei Paschi di Siena Group.