Banca MPS's extraordinary and ordinary shareholders' meeting
- Approval of Monte dei Paschi di Siena Foundation's alternative proposal for share capital increase to that of Board of Directors.
- Approval of reverse split of shares proposed by BoD.
- Appointment of four previously replaced directors to fill vacancies in the Board.
- Disposal of treasury shares approved.
In its extraordinary session, today's Shareholders Meeting of Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena, chaired by Mr. Alessandro Profumo, approved the:
- proposal submitted by the Monte dei Paschi di Siena Foundation as an alternative to that of the Board of Directors, for a capital increase with consideration for a maximum amount of EUR 3 bn to be carried out no earlier than 12 May 2014 and by no later than 31 March 2015, in one or more tranches by way of a rights issue for existing shareholders.
- reverse split of ordinary shares outstanding at a ratio of 1 new share for every 100 existing shares to be effected by 30 June 2014.
In its ordinary session, the Shareholders' Meeting resolved to:
- fill vacancies in the Board of Directors by appointing four directors, Ms. Béatrice Bernard, Ms. Marina Rubini, Mr. Daniele Discepolo and Mr. Marco Miccinesi, previously replaced by the Board;
- authorise disposal, in one or more transactions, of the 54,495,378 treasury shares held by the Bank.